Community Extravaganza....join US
at Greater Morning Star Apostolic Church, 7929 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22306, September 26, 2021, 10am-3pm!
Dear GMSAC Well-Wishers,
We believe that fellowshipping with your community is essential as a Church, we are required to give back and giving back is just that so let's eat a good meal and have fun....
We at Greater Morning Star Apostolic Church believe in "Keeping Jesus First" what does that mean to you, when Jesus is First, we have to show love to those who don't or maynot know love. Therefore, celebrating as a local Church Love with our Community is going to be a lot of fun, join us......
The Greater Morning Star Apostolic Church opened its doors at 7929 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA, in July of 2011, after spending 10 years ministering from the Mark Twain Middle School. Our growth over the last two decades is largely due to our Community desires to know the truth....
We are asking all of our family, friends, colleagues, neighbors and business partners to join with us in celebrating our community. With your continued help and support, we will be able to remain a vital beacon in the community as we minister to those of all ages and all nations.
As Pastor of the Greater Morning Star Apostolic Church, I wish to thank all of our supporters throughout the 21 years of community service in Virginia for joining with us to meet the various needs, especially during this Covid19 Pandemic. In my 43 years of ministry and 65 years of life I have never seen such need, loss of life and hurt to families as during this present time. Thank you! We could not have accomplished the support in these areas without your caring and love.
Listed below are a few of the services provided to our communities, we realize so much more is needed and we are position to accomplish and meet the needs. Many were in place before 2020, but have increased significantly due to the COVID 19 Pandemic:
· GMSAC “Sunday Dinners” was featured by Jay Korff, WJLA (General Assignment Reporter with ABC7/WJLA-TV & WJLA 24/7) local Channel-7 News for the hot meals and other foods to families https://www.facebook.com/myrna...· GMSAC “Veterans Fishing Adventure Partnership” donated hot meals weekly, and we are appreciately to that organization....
· GMSAC “Fisher of Men” Food Truck fed over 19,200 individuals/families at no charge to them
· GMSAC “Star Pantry” gave out over 10,800 pounds of food to local families
· GMSAC “Rejoice Evermore Christian Academy” provides low-cost educational support, before/after care and pre-school for up to 35 children within 50-miles
· GMSAC “Deacon Ministry” provided over thousands in hotel funds for individuals in need of emergency housing last year
· GMSAC “Wounded Warrior Program Annually” provided hundreds of back packs for military school children and children in the community, supplying them with additional laptops/iPads/electronic tablets
· GMSAC “Thanksgiving Basket Annually” giveaways in 2020 provided hundreds of baskets filled with turkeys and nutritious foods to community families referred by our local school Social Workers
· GMSAC “Gift/Toys Ministry Annually” gave out hundreds of toys coupled with an undisclosed amount of gift cards to children during the Holiday season.
· Faithful, Christian guidance for true Victory despite the storms of life.
We truly appreciate the love and support shown to our ministry, through calls, texts, emails, and, of course, donations, tithes and offerings. Your support has allowed us to keep our doors open; we are very grateful and feel obligated to continue our support of our Community.
We would like to thank medical staff, police officers, first responders and essential workers who keep our great community safe during these uncertain times. We salute you and look forward to fellowshipping with you for years to come.
Extravagancia comunitaria ... Únase a nosotros
¡En la Iglesia Apostólica Greater Morning Star, 7929 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22306, 26 de septiembre de 2021, 10 am-3pm!
Estimados seguidores de GMSAC,
Creemos que el compañerismo con su comunidad es esencial como Iglesia, estamos obligados a retribuir y retribuir es compartir el verdadero evangelio con aquellos que pueden estar perdidos ... mientras comemos una buena comida y nos divertimos ...
Nosotros en la Iglesia Apostólica Greater Morning Star creemos en "Mantener a Jesús Primero" ¿Qué significa eso para usted? Cuando Jesús es Primero, tenemos que mostrar amor a aquellos que no conocen el amor o no lo conocen. Recuerde que Jesús es Amor y nosotros, como cristianos, debemos difundir el amor a aquellos que pueden necesitar amor o a aquellos que pueden no ser amables. Gracias a Dios, que Jesús se tomó el tiempo y prometió amarnos a cada uno de nosotros, independientemente de nuestras deficiencias, nos amó incluso cuando lo matamos, lo escupimos, le arrojamos piedras y lo clavamos en la cruz. Aunque, ordenados, llevamos a cabo firmemente el odio más doloroso hacia nuestro Salvador, definitivamente hubo una ausencia de Amor de nuestra parte. Tenemos que ser conscientes de que Jesús está mirando cada uno de nuestros corazones y todavía nos ama, pero quiere que crezcamos en la verdad ... para que un día podamos unirnos a Él / Jesús ... Por lo tanto, celebrando como una Iglesia local Amor con su comunidad es crucial para ofrecer esperanza a algunos que pueden estar desesperados ...
Thanks again for your support, we look forward to Fellowshipping..
Bishop Philip S. Watkins, In Service, Semper Fi